Suitcase Fusion 7
Current version: Mac – 18.2.4; Windows – 18.2.4
- We added an auto-activation XTension for QuarkXPress 2017 for Macintosh.
- Fixed an issue where Favorite fonts in a shared library were sometimes not synchronized to a second client. [FS-4429, UTS-6893]
- Fixed an issue where the Photoshop plug-in would auto-activate the OpenType version of a font when it should activate the TrueType version. [FS-4490, UTS-6789]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 would crash when opening certain documents. [FS-4524]
- (Win) Fixed an issue where adding a font using the Add Font menu item would fail if the system option “Hide file extensions” was enabled. [FS-4543]
- Fixed an issue where the TeamSync console would show the total number of libraries assigned to a user across all their teams, not just the current team. [FS-4644]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where users were not allowed to collect fonts for output from a Photoshop CS6 document. [FS-4648]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the Get Info option was disabled on the contextual (right-click) menu if the Info panel was hidden. [FS-4653]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Adobe InDesign CC 2017 would crash when opening, saving, exporting, or printing certain documents. [FS-4682]
- Bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue where macOS Sierra erroneously reported that Suitcase Fusion requires a high-performance GPU on systems that have one. [FS-4100]
- Fixed an issue where After Effects CC 2015 running on Mac OS X 10.9 could not be quit after creating a new composition. [FS-4104]
- Fixed an issue where InDesign CC 2017 running on any version of macOS would crash when exiting. [FS-4119]
- Fixed an issue where packaging a project from InDesign CC 2017 running on Mac OS X 10.11 would cause a crash. [FS-4133]
- Fixed an issue where entering incorrect login credentials displays an error message, which causes text to be cropped in the login dialog. [FS-4036]
- Fixed an issue in Suitcase Fusion 7 for Windows where switching to another application then back would move the application focus from the Smart Search panel. [FS-4038]
- Fixed an issue where substituted fonts took a long time to render when opening a document in InDesign or InCopy on Windows. [FS-4039]
- Fixed an issue where both the 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins were installed for 32-bit Illustrator 2015.3 for Windows. [FS-4042]
- Added auto-activation plug-in and Extensis Font Panel support for Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop CC 2017.
- Added auto-activation plug-in support for Adobe InCopy and After Effects CC 2017.
- (Mac) Rewrote Suitcase Fusion’s internal plug-in manager as a command line tool. Among other things, this eliminates the bouncing application icon in the dock when installing plug-ins. [FS-3806]
- Fixed an issue where “Pick best match” was off by default in several plug-ins. [FS-3845]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where clicking on a recently-used glyph in the Glyph View window did not scroll to that glyph. [FS-3869]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue in Windows 10 where Suitcase Fusion was not able to preview some fonts installed outside of the normal Windows Fonts directory. [FS-3892]
- Fixed an issue in the Adobe Illustrator plug-in where the “Missing Fonts” dialog would be displayed erroneously on non-English systems. [FS-3796]
- Fixed an issue in the Adobe Photoshop plug-in where opening a document with missing fonts resulted in the “Missing Fonts” dialogs being displayed multiple times. [FS-3800]
- Updated synchronization with Google Fonts to allow downloading the full font rather than the Latin subset. [FS-3802]
NOTE: If you have Google Fonts enabled, they will be updated shortly after the next time you launch Suitcase Fusion.
- Fixed an issue in the German language Adobe After Effects plug-in where the “Missing Fonts” dialog was displayed erroneously. [FS-3810]
- Fixed an issue in the Adobe Photoshop plug-in where the “Collect Fonts for Output” dialog could be displayed behind the Photoshop window. [FS-3825]
- Fixed an issue where certain fonts could cause Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 to crash when the auto-activation plug-in is enabled. [FS-3837]
NOTE: In June 2016, Adobe released significant upgrades to some Creative Cloud 2015 applications. To differentiate these upgraded applications from the original CC 2015 releases, they are listed here as “CC 2015.x”.
- Added auto-activation plug-in and Extensis Font Panel support for Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 and Photoshop CC 2015.5.
- Added auto-activation plug-in support for Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3 and QuarkXPress 2016.
- Improves the speed of synchronizing with TypeSync™ and Suitcase TeamSync™.
- Fixed an issue where syncing fonts with the Extensis server would fail when it encountered a font with a bad or missing PostScript name. [FS-3718]
NOTE: Suitcase Fusion 7 v18.0.6 will skip such broken fonts, which are indicated by a red dot with a white x.
- Fixed an issue in the Macintosh installer that could result in offering to downgrade to an earlier version.
- TypeSync: Save your font collection in the cloud and synchronize it with a second system. Suitcase Fusion 7 includes the Extensis TypeSync cloud service and a license for up to two simultaneous system connections (Mac, Windows, or one of each).
- Adobe® After Effects®: Suitcase Fusion 7 includes an auto-activation plug-in for Adobe After Effects CC 2015.
- Smart Search: Saved search criteria that automatically update to identify fonts across all your libraries simultaneously.
- Setup wizard: The first time you run Suitcase Fusion 7, it will guide you in configuring your font libraries.
- No serial number: Use your Extensis.com account to validate your installation and to sync your font libraries between computers using TypeSync.
Join the Community
See what other Suitcase Fusion users are doing, get tips, and offer your own expertise to other users in the Suitcase Fusion forums.
Get More Knowledgeable
The Extensis Knowledge Base for Suitcase Fusion 7 has articles on solving problems and using Suitcase Fusion to its fullest. This is updated regularly, so come back often.